Zilwaukee Lions Club | Boy Scouts
Zilwaukee Lions Club
The Zilwaukee Lions Club was chartered April 9, 1956, sponsored by the Saginaw Lions Club. There were 34 charter members and the first president was Claude Meehleder.
The moto of Lions
Club International is "We Serve." Since
the beginning, the Zilwaukee Lions Club has succeeded
in living up to that motto, not only in support of the
community, but in support of the State and International
Programs to help the blind and prevent blindness throughout
In the last 48 years, the Club has done much to help
the community. It has provided eye glasses for those who
in need, took blind men fishing, donated picnic tables
for the community park, purchased raincoats and helmets
for the Zilwaukee Safety Patrol. In addition they purchased
a CB base station and radio for a paraplegic, donated
to St. Mary's Burn Unit, built a pavilion at Johnson Park,
purchased a flag for the City Administration Building,
paid for landscaping next to the City Administration Building,
moved the veterans monument, restored the old Zilwaukee
School bell and constructed its bell tower, maintained
and improved for many years the Riverfront Park and the
Boat Launch facilities and did many other actions for
the benefit of the community.
Currently, the club has 22 active members, Lion Rolland Spencer is president, Bert Rivette is secretary, and Tom
Jarzabkowski is treasurer.
The Club meets the 2nd & 4th Mondays of each month at the City Administration Bldg from September to June.
Contact Zilwaukee Lions: Rolland Spencer
Boy Scout Troop 1, sponsored by Community Welfare Club,
made its debut Novemer 25, 1924. Harry McIntyre was the
scoutmaster. On February 11, 1927, they became Troop 103,
and on January 12, 1930, they were Troop 10.
The charter was dropped in February of 1934, but just
two years later, Troop 10 was back in action under the
direction of Scoutmaster A.W.Crimmins. The Troop sponsor
was the Zilwaukee Citizens.
Since 1982, Zilwaukee Troop 377 has had a total of 35
scouts achieve Eagle Scout rank. The current Scoutmaster
is William Menzl.
The Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
from 6:30pm to 8pm, at St. Matthew's Hall, 511 Cornell
Cub Scouts have their ROUND UP
SEPTEMBER 8, 2004
AT 6:00 P.M.
AT ZILWAUKEE SCHOOL CAFETERIA